Saturday 15 September 2012

Footy Fever - Canberra Raiders nail art

The football season has just started in the USA, but here in Australia it's finals time.  This week I have some NRL nails for you, specifically Canberra Raiders nails.  The Raiders won last week, in week one of the finals. Tonight they play an elimination semi-final, which they are not favourites to win.  But there's nothing like a bit of supporter nail art to bring the team home, right!

For such a basic nail design, this took me bloody ages to do.  I kept bumping and smudging nails (as evidenced with my pinky nail). I tried to do it neatly with tape, but was too impatient to get it finished, so the tape started pulling off the polish beneath.  I therefore had to touch up with a nail art bush, and promptly made are rather shitty mess of it.

Putting my nail art skills aside, I really did love the colours I picked for this mani.  I did a white base with Ulta3 Lily White, the blue is Picture Polish bombshell, the yellow is Picture Polish crazy and the perfect lime green is Picture Polish lime lite.

I got lots of compliments on these nails, and from a regular distance, they looked pretty eye catching, but these damn macro shots for the blog are a killer.

I created a water decal with the team logo on it, and I'm really happy with how it came out.

Here are the team jerseys which I based my nail design on.

Now an extra special awkward sharing moment.  Here is something that not too many people know about me.  In the early 1990's I was a Canberra Raiders Raiderette cheerleader.  Surprisingly I have basically zero photos of me as a Raiderette.  It was a time before digital cameras (yeah, I'm that old!) and while I know I did have some photos that were printed, after nearly 20 years I have no clue where they could be.

The only photo that I have is one that was published in the NRLs Rugby League Weekly magazine in 1993.  I'm the one in the middle.

Bwahhh haa haa, that was fun. GO RAIDERS!

Edit: so they sucked and lost - BOOOOOOO

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and post dear!!

    Looking for Nail Art And Nail Extension Course to Study in abroad? Join Majestic Beauty Academy best nail school in japan which provides Japanese Nail Art Training, Nail Art Course in Singapore for becoming a nail technician.

    ReplyDelete