Friday 7 September 2012

Work appropriate glitter - Lynnderella A Neutral Party

Work appropriate glitter, they're a couple of words I never thought would be strung together. A nail polish themed oxymoron.

For the last two days I've been up in Sydney for work.  I had hoped to post from my hotel room last night, but I'll be damned if I can work out how to do a blog post from my iPad.  It only lets me put it together using HTML, and I didn't have the patience to do that on the iPad.  The blogger app didn't help either.  Let me know any tips if you have successfully blogged from your iphone or ipad.

Anyway, as I was away representing work, I thought I should wear something work appropriate rather than my regular full on glitter bombs.  Just a few days ago I received the only polish I wanted from the OPI Germany collection Don't Pretzel My Buttons.  Every swatch I have seen of that polish looked like the perfect nude.  After I applied Don't Pretzel My Buttons I loved it and it was the perfect nude for me too, but I decided that it was simply too plain on it's own.  

I grabbed out my bottle of Lynnderella's A Neutral Party and applied one dabbled coat to the tips, pulling a little of the shimmer and some sparse glitters down to about half way on my nails.  Perfect, just enough sparkle without being in your face bling.  It was still work appropriate enough for my environment, but clearly may not be for others.





A Neutral Party has various bronze, gold, copper, brown, black and white glitters in different shapes and sizes.  There is bar glitter in this one too, I say that cause I know bar glitter is either love or hate.  I did end up grabbing some tweezers to pull a long black bar off one finger that was hanging over the tip of my nail.  It was just hanging over enough to feel like a ragged sharp bit of nail and to catch on things.

The golden shimmer in A Neutral Party is pretty strong, which can make the polish look a bit frosty in full sun, but in regular lighting it's just a gorgeous shimmer.  I'm really looking forward to wearing A Neutral Party again with more coverage on each nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment