Monday 3 December 2012

Aussie Christmas Challenge - Six White Boomers

This is not my best work, but here it is anyway.  I seriously don't know what Elissa what thinking when she decided to add Six White Boomers to the Aussie Christmas challenge. Hopefully the other themes will be a little easier.

Unlike a few of the other girls posting who didn't actually know what this was about I knew exactly what Six White Boomers was.  

'Six White Boomers' an Australian Christmas carol by Rolf Harris that is about how Santa returns on Christmas Day to help a little joey find his mummy.  The song tells the story of how Santa unharnesses the reindeer's when he arrives in Australia (cause it's just too hot for them) and instead he straps on six white boomers.  Boomers are large kangaroos, which get the name boomers from the noise they make when the bounce along.

I remembering growing up and singing this song at school. I'm actually so surprised that many of the other girls haven't heard this song before - they must be of another generation to me (I'm old, and in fact officially another day older today, but I'm not counting anymore!)

The main chorus of the song is:
"Six white boomers, snow white boomers,
Racing Santa Claus through the blazing sun.
Six white boomers, snow white boomers,
On his Australian run".
So here are my 'white' boomers, which are silhouetted against the sky, flying in front of the blazing sun! 

The gradient was created using Ulta3 Lily White, Picture Polish Sky and Ulta3 Blue Heaven.  Sun with Ulta3 Honolulu. Sleigh and kangaroos made with water decals.




Aussie girls, do you remember this song?


No comments:

Post a Comment