Sunday 14 March 2010

Nail Bloggers Network ChG/SV Nail Art Contest

Hi everyone, I know this is a bit shameless, but I wanted to do a quick PSA about my entry for a recent nail art contest.  The contest was to use all ChG/SV products to create a unique nail art look.  Let me show you a picture of my entry, then explain my thought process.















My inspiration for this was to use the new Up and Away colors as well as some old favorites in a new way. On my nails, I tried to capture the look of very expensive brocade fabric.


I used 2 coats of ChG Sugar High. I then stamped, using Konad plate m73, two layers. One layer is in Heli-Yum and the other is in Emotion from the Romantique collection. I then applied a coat of ChG Matte Magic to make it appear like silk. This created a very tonal, subltle konad design. I then added a flower stamp, using plate m35 and ChG Passion, another Romantique. I finally applied rhinestones to the flowers using Seche Vite top coat. I did not cover design in another TC as I wanted to preserve the matte-ness.

I think it turned out pretty well.  Please don't mind the cuticles.  I was having some bad luck with them at the time I created this mani. 

If you like this, and if you are so inclined, would you please vote for me?  If I win the contest, I will win 20 bottles of ChG/SV, but better than that... I will be able to have a giveaway on my blog for the same prize.  So it's a fabulous opportunity for me, but also for my readers.  To vote, simply click here.  My entry is #7, but there are some great looks on there, so if you like another entry more than mine, please vote for them.  It's a great contest and an amazing opportunity for the blogger network!

No comments:

Post a Comment