Monday 15 March 2010

NOTD: Orly Snowcone w/ Nail Decals

This is one that looks much better IRL than it does in a macro'd close up pic.  I promise.  In fact, I just had a girl on my son's bus gush over it.  Granted, she's like in the 4th grade, but she still loved it.  LOL.  :P

A couple of days ago, I mentioned my ever growing love for cremes.  I used to never wear them.  In fact, I couldn't understand how people could prefer them over shimmers.  They just seemed so boring and flat to me.  I mean, how could you get depth in color when all you had was a solid color.  They always reminded me of wall paint. 

Well, me of years past... does this look like wall paint to you?  Nevermind the decals for a moment.  Here's the base color on it's own.
The color in the picture isn't as vibrant as IRL and it also is a bit more purple.  I almost want to call it periwinkle, but it still leans a bit too blue to be what I consider a true periwinkle.  The color on my index finger in the picture is the most accurate. 

Isn't this amazing?  Snowcone is from Orly's new Sweet collection for Spring 2010.  It's available at e-tailers and eBay and it may be at Sally's, too, though I haven't actually checked there.  I almost didn't want to try the polishes from this collection.  Afterall, I have ChG Up and Away, which is a similar all-creme pastel collection.  However, Snowcone, and Gumdrop have no dupes in UaA (though ReFresh Mint and Gumdrop are similar, but that's another post).  So, even if you have UaA, if you like blues, I'd definitely consider picking this one up.  This one was 2 coats and no issues.  In fact, it was almost perfect at one coat.

BTW, I have to do a quick mention of my new found Orly-love.  In the past, I've kind of griped about Orly.  I hated the rubber cap.  Hated that they reduced their amount from .75 oz to .6 oz (though, is that really a problem when you have 400 polishes?).  Hated the formula.  And, most of all, I hated that they d/c'd my beloved Red Sea Pearl, and I wasn't able to pick it up before it was gone forever.  Nowadays, aside from the Red Sea Pearl, I am changing my tune with Orly.  As someone that is a total spaz, the rubber cap is a lifesaver, and the formula seems to be one of the best I've used lately.  I also love that they seem to add new, small, collections all the time.  Now, they may just be 3-4 bottles and sometimes, they are re-releases, but it makes me think, nonetheless, that they are always introducing new products, and I like that.  I like it a alot.  :)

As for the decals, these are more of those "nail jewelry" decals I got from eBay several months back.  If anyone is interested, I can research it and see if the seller is still out there.

Hope you guys like this one.  I'm off to a busy day of errands and cleaning.  Yay!  For some reason, I'm chipper at 7am and it's kinda freaking me (and my husband for that matter) out.  Maybe I'll "blame" the herbal tea.  LOL.  Have a great day, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment