Monday 8 March 2010

Sick kiddos and the Green-Eyed Monster

Okay, so this post will be a big bunch of random, but as my nails are naked at the moment, something I hope to rectify later on tonight, and I want to post something... I have to settle for whatever is floating around in my brain.

My little ones were sick yesterday.  It was a fun filled evening of "pyrotechnics".  LOL.  Several years ago, they had a bout of rotovirus where I got puked on more times than I want to imagine.  I honestly think I have PTSD from that month, so it's so hard for me to deal with puking kids.  I just want to run away.  Unfortunately, that was not an option.  I stayed up until 3a dealing with a sick Blake, so it was a rough night.  Thankfully, they are feeling back to normal today, but we still had to miss school.  No way was a "sharing" this with anymore kids/families.  I'm going to send Amelia tomorrow, as they have been puke free for 24 hrs. 

As I mentioned in the title, I'm dealing with a bit of blogger jealousy at the moment.  It's totally petty and a definite "being the last picked for kickball" moment, but as I read nail blogs, I see where so many bloggers are receiving free samples, and to be honest, it's bugging me.  Like I said... petty.  I have received samples in the past, but I'm never contacted by companies anymore.  And it's not that I'm not glad that other bloggers are getting recognized.  More power to you if you are lucky enough to receive product samples.  :)  It just reminds me of school where I felt like I was always the one passed over for everything.  Issues much?  I like free stuff.  I like nail polish. I've been blogging for well over a year.  Do I smell bad?  Am I not a good reviewer?   :P  Why does X get samples and not me?  I'm sure there are some bloggers out there that have not received anything, so I'm sure I sound like a whiny child, and I apologize for that, but it's something that I've been dealing with lately.  Oh well.  It's not like I don't have tons of polishes on my own without being sent others.  LOL.  Okay, that's it.  I hope I didn't offend anyone.  Sometimes it makes me feel better just to type stuff out. 

I will try to be back later tonight with a new NOTD, though I just started charging my camera battery, so it may be tomorrow morning before you see me next.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment