Sunday 18 November 2012

Guest Blogger - Pretty Purple Polish

I hope you are all enjoying these fantastic blog posts from some great Aussie bloggers.

Today's guest blogger is Alanna from Pretty Purple Polish.  Alanna is the only blogger from another state that I have actually met in the flesh.  Cool eh?  Earlier this year during Easter, Alanna was visiting family her in Canberra.  How could I miss the opportunity to catch up with a fellow nail nut and talk polish.  She also helps me out anytime I need polish from Sydney (cause Canberra is so slow to get things stocked).  Your turn Alanna...
_______________________________
Hi! Cathy is one of my favourite nail bloggers so I was really excited when she asked me to guest post for her while she's holidaying in QLD (so jealous). I've seen Cathy do some amazing holo gradient manis and I've been meaning to try one for a while now so I thought this would be a good opportunity.

I used three polishes from the China Glaze OMG collection, QT, LOL, and DV8. I applied each of the colours to a cosmetic sponge in lines and sponged a few coats onto my nails.

I actually learnt this method from Cathy, she posted a tutorial video not long ago. The first photo was taken in a lightbox, the second was taken in the sun. I used Ulta3's top coat to give it some shine but it really killed the holo effect. The holo was barely visible in person too. I like how the gradient turned out despite the holo fail. This method of sponging a gradient was really easy and I'll be using it again.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my post.
___________________________________

Alanna - I love this colour combo. I'm going to have to pull out my OMG polishes to create a gradient with them. Thanks so much for guest posting Alanna, and everyone else, please give Alanna some love over on her blog - Pretty Purple Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment