Friday 19 November 2010

Chanel Riva VS Hard Candy Sky

Good Morning it's Fabulous Friday, Freedom Friday whatever you want to call it.  It's Friday and I am doing the happy dance *-*  After I got home yesterday from work there were a couple of packages in front of my door.  One of them was from Chanel!  I couldn't wait to put Riva on. 



I pulled out every light, pale, sky, ocean blue I own to do comp pictures.  
Hard Candy Sky is just a tad lighter then Riva .  RBL bikini bottom has more green in it.
I threw in the Mac pigment just in case if you have it you may be able to use it for frankening.  (note: the pigment is not a fake for some reason my pic is making it look short and fat. Lol!)

See how HC Sky is a little lighter then Riva...
But once on the nail...look!

The average person on the street would not be able to tell one from the other

Both were very streaky and needed 3 coats. Both have the same blue shimmer/iridescent texture.   The formula is not the same, the Chanel is better but for $27 should apply like butter.  Once dried very hard to tell them apart.  I forwarn you be patient while polishing my suggestion apply 1 and 2 thinly and 3 thick to even out. Make sure each coat dries before applying the next one.  I can see the shimmer on both under my ott light.  Even though Riva and Sky are streaky I'm glad I own them because I  love the color.
So if you don't want to shell out the dollars on Riva get Sky.  HTH
 *-*
  

If you have not done so already checkout Win It Wednesday Giveaway here
   
Until next time please have a great nail polish day. (✿◠‿◠) Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment